Equine Facilitated Learning. Learning with our herd.
- Bring learning to life
- Teach responsibility and respect
- Increase motivation and boost self esteem
- Improve negative behaviours
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Develop Confidence
- Social inclusion
- Self-awareness and self-control
- Increased self-awareness and self confidence
- Animals are non-judgemental, attentive and perfect listeners, interacting with them can give a child / adult the confidence without realising they are learning.
Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL) involves non-riding interactions between humans & horses/donkeys from the ground.
The horse/donkey is generally considered the teacher and a human facilitator is there to help guide the participants on a journey of learning & understanding
Being with equines can teach us much about relationships and successful communication and getting to know individual horses/donkeys through a range of activities such as grooming, haltering, leading, agility, drumming, observing and lunging, can help us become more aware of our own mental and physical processes.