Hoof Care Award
Skills: To understand the importance of good hoof care.
- To be able to name the main parts of the hoof.
- Be able to pick up a hoof safely and clean. This maybe supported.
- Recognise the importance and roles of different equine professionals - Such as the Farrier
- Name the main Farrier tools and what they are used for.
- Recognise a front and back horseshoe.
- Name two conditions/ailments of the hoof and their symptoms.
Horse Emotions Award Badge
Skills: To recognise different emotions and herd behaviours.
- Recognise different horse emotions shown through the horses, pony or donkey's ears, tail and other body language signs.
- Recognise and name different emotions and behaviours when a horse, pony or donkey is at grass.
- How can your behaviour affect a horse, pony or donkey both on the ground and when in the saddle?
- Desribe how the presense of horses, ponies or donkeys affects your own emotions.
- How many emotions can you name? Make a list.